Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11/15-11/19 Favorite Holiday

My favorite holiday of the year has to be Christmas. Christmas is one of the biggest holidays and I just love the spirit and hype that comes along with it. People prepare for Christmas for months in advance by shopping for presents or decorating their houses. I love decorating the tree and house while listening to Christmas tunes. Also, shopping for presents is so stressful but it’s fun and good bonding time. On Christmas Eve, we go to my aunt’s house to celebrate with my dad’s side of the family. This is a tradition and I always look forward to it. Later that night, we attend midnight mass at the church. Midnight mass is actually really cool. It is more elaborate with fancy decorations and Christmas music being played. December 25th is the day everyone waits for and it’s one of my favorite days of the year. My family and I wake up and gather into the living room to open presents. Who doesn’t love presents? I also love seeing my family’s reactions to the presents that I give them. Later on, we have the rest of the family over for dinner and more presents. It is so much fun to spend time with them and eat a delicious meal. We also do a Christmas exchange which is always a good time. Christmas overall is more than just one day to me. It is more like a season. The winter weather and snow that come along with it make it a beautiful holiday. There are so many Christmas traditions such as baking cookies, filling stockings, getting your Christmas tree, and more. All of these things appeal to me and I love this time of year. It is a religious holiday but can be celebrated by anyone and everyone. Christmas is coming soon and I can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment