Thursday, September 16, 2010

9/13-9/17 #2

My dog, Monet, was unlike any other. I bought her from my old neighbors about five years ago. My neighbors were quiet people who kept to themselves, and seemed a bit odd. They had gotten a litter of Dalmatians and wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible. It happened to be perfect timing because I was searching to buy a new puppy. So I bought Monet for a decent price and took her right home. Monet was the perfect dog and barely ever gave me any trouble. She was very playful and a great companion. On her second birthday, I noticed she was laying low. I went to take her for her daily walk but she was reluctant. I even tried feeding her her favorite meal but she didn't go for it. So I decided to call the vet. As I picked up the phone to call, I saw Monet get up and walk across the foyer right in front of the window. As soon as she was in the light, her body disappeared and all I could see was black spots. "Vets'R'Us, How may we help you?", a voice said. My jaw dropped, and the phone slid right out of my hand smashing onto the floor. Monet kept walking and once she passed the window, she was normal again. I went over and petted her, to make sure she was still there. I figured I must've just been seeing things so I took her by the collar and dragged her back in front of the window. Sure enough, black dots were the only visible thing. I ran to the sink splashed cold water on my face and slapped myself a couple of times. It was getting late, and I decided to get some rest. The next morning I woke up, and Monet was herself again. She was walking around, playful, and hungry. Every time she stepped into sunlight pouring through the windows, her body disappeared. It was the oddest thing I have ever seen but we've adapted and accepted it. For three years now, I've walked Monet at night, and hid her when we had visitors. My "Invisidog" was the best thing I had and it was our little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment