Thursday, September 23, 2010

9/20-9/24 Past

Throughout my life, many significant things have happened. Of all the memories, one of them that stands out the most is when I learned how to do a front flip on my trampoline. I was nine years old and we had had our trampoline for a month or so. A family friend came over one day and taught me some tricks on the trampoline. She taught me how to do a front flip and we stayed outside working on it until I perfected it. A few days later, I was showing off to my older brother with my new trick. He could also do a front flip and he challenged me to a contest. The flipping contest had begun and I was up first. My brother and I have always been competitive and I tried so hard to be as good as him or do something better. On my first flip, I caught too much air and flipped right off the trampoline. I put my arms out to stop my fall, snapping my elbow. My brother ran over to me, and I screamed at the top of my lungs. My elbow was completely deformed. I don’t even remember the pain, I just remember being scared and shocked. My parents knew that they had to get me to the hospital right away. On the way there, I was cringing as the pain really kicked in. As it turns out, it was severely broken and needed surgery. After many months of recovery, I still live with an arm that will never be completely normal. I didn’t stop flipping but instead learned to be a little more careful when doing tricks on my trampoline. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment