Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9/27-10/1 My Vacation Spot

Over the summer, I vacationed to the Outerbanks in North Carolina. I went with my family on my mom’s side for my grandparent’s fiftieth anniversary. This was the third time I was there and I still love it as much as the first time I went. Our house was three stories and sat right behind a golf course in the “Currituck Club”. We had our own in-ground pool and a hot tub as well. The top floor was our kitchen, a living room, and the master bed room where my grandparents slept. The second floor had three rooms where my aunt and uncle, parents, and all the kids slept. The bottom floor had our laundry room and a game room/garage where we played foosball, pool, and lots of ping pong! I really enjoyed the club we stayed in because it was very pretty with a lot of nice, huge, houses. We went on daily walks or bike rides on the bike paths provided as did many other people vacationing there. There was also an athletic club available to all members of the club. The athletic center had basketball courts, tennis courts, a playground, volleyball net, and a weight room. Pretty much every day, we would take a short drive to the beach. The beach was about five minutes away so we’d load up and pile in the bed of the truck. At the beach we’d set up our beach chairs, umbrellas, and blankets to lay on. We laid in the sun, splashed in the waves, and played games on the beach. The Outerbanks is a beautiful vacation spot and I would love to go back again.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I know this place in Outer Banks. Oh wait! I was there the other times you went. Hahaha. That makes a lot more sense. But I honestly miss the bikerides and most definately the ping pong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Outerbanks before. I love going to the beach and swimming in my family's pool. Oterbanks sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete