Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12/13-12/17 Online Publishing

From taking this course, I do believe that I have grown as a writer. I learned that I’m pretty good at it and I really don’t mind writing as much as I thought I did. When I write, I like to have an outline or an idea of how I’m going to go about it. It helps to organize my ideas first so when I start writing I don’t get off track or lost. I like writing made-up stories or reminiscing old memories. It is fun to get creative and use your imagination or retell a story exactly as you remember it. I don’t like writing blogs on “what is art?” or “what is beauty?” because I’m really not that type of writer. I don’t like writing about something so broad and having to find a meaningful definition. Although, I do think this type of writing helps me as a writer. When I am uncomfortable or challenged by a topic, it takes more out of me to write it. It’s not easy but that’s exactly why it helps. I also like reporting on sporting events. I covered Girls Varsity Soccer and Basketball. It was fun recapping the games not only because I was involved, but because it is something I’m interested in. Also, I think this class has helped me become more aware of grammar and punctuation. I am a senior editor so I read and correct half the class’s articles. I catch many errors in their papers and it makes me more careful when writing mine. I also have gotten in the habit of reading over my work to catch my errors before it gets published. We write A LOT in this class but it’s not overwhelming because we have a decent amount of time to do it. I am not the type of person to just sit down and write something but this class has made it easier for me. I think it will definitely benefit me in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment