Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12/6-12/10 Garden Gnome

One day, as I was outside about to get on my trampoline, I saw a tiny, troll-like figure walking my way. I squinted and stared as this odd figure came right up to me. Believe it or not, it was a garden gnome. The gnome stood still in front of me and said, “Hi, I’m Buddy!” I screamed at the top of my lungs kicked the gnome in the face. He fell down but bounced back up looking all frazzled. Buddy said, “Hey, that wasn’t very nice!” I sort of felt bad for what I did but this was unreal. There was a garden gnome on my lawn, talking to me. I tried to ignore the thing so I got up on my trampoline and started jumping. Buddy the gnome started shouting to make sure I could hear him as I bounced. He yelled and yelled and wouldn’t shut up so I finally hopped off and decided to listen. The little guy looked at me seriously and said, “Did you know that there is going to be a full moon tonight? Do you know what happens when there is a full moon?” Buddy went on and on for a good ten minutes about how people went crazy and some even hallucinated. He told me to trust no one at these times and to look out for myself in this chaotic universe. When I realized what I was doing and that I was actually listening to a talking garden gnome, I turned around and went inside. The little guy wandered around in my yard still and I closed all the shutters so that I couldn’t see him any longer. I went up to my room and thought about what he said. Full moons, chaos, hallucinations….man that guy was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment