Monday, December 20, 2010

12/20-12/23 Summer Job!

This past summer, I worked as a games attendant at Darien Lake Theme Park. This was my first job, so I didn’t really know what to expect. A lot of people complain about Darien Lake and how they hate working there. My experience was actually pretty fun, and I’ll probably return next summer. My first day of work, my boss realized that I wasn’t shy or afraid to talk to people so he put me on a microphone game. I worked at the game called Whac-a-Mole. I learned how to work the game, how to call people over, and how to deal with the money. After working only a week there, I pretty much had the hang of things. Not too long after that, I was rewarded with Employee of the Week. This was really cool and I didn’t expect it at all. I had a caricature done and it hung in the break room at work. I worked about eight hours a day, four days a week. Working that often, I really got to know my co-workers. I loved working with someone else because it made the day go by faster and you had someone to keep you company. Talking to the guests was also something I loved to do. There were days where I would just sing on the microphone or say some random things. My favorite game to work at was Scale. Scale is also known as the Guessing Game. At the guessing game, I guessed people’s weights, ages, and birthdays. It was soooo much fun because I enjoyed the challenge. It made my day to make little kids happy or to stump adults that thought I would could never guess them right. I would rake in the money on those games. The only downfall of working on scale was that it got EXTREMELY hot some days and I’d get sunburned. I made new friends, had my first job, made some money, and had fun doing it. Overall, Darien Lake was the perfect summer job for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment