Thursday, October 14, 2010

Best Class Ever!

One of my favorite classes in high school has to be English 11. I took English 11 last year with Mr. Currin and Mrs. Gramza for teachers. First of all, anyone that has had these two together knows that it’s crazy. They constantly harass each other and it always makes me laugh. I had the class first block and I actually didn’t mind coming into school for it. It wasn’t like a normal first block class that you would usually want to sleep for or anything like that. In the class, we covered many different pieces of literature that I found very interesting. We read and acted out the play, “The Crucible” by Arthur Miller. Each student had a different role in the play and it was an interesting way to get us more involved in the story. We also read The Catcher in The Rye. After reading it, my friend Holly and I made a video for our final project. It was really fun to reenact different scenes from the novel. Even though I usually don’t like poetry, the poetry unit was actually pretty fun. We had a day to share our poetry and I really enjoyed hearing other people’s work. I got made fun of A LOT in that class, especially by the teacher, but I clearly didn’t mind that much. I liked the other students in my class and we made fun of Currin right back. Some of my closest friends were in English with me, so it was nice to be able to talk about homework or assignments whenever we needed help or just to share ideas. Of course there was the big English Regents at the end of the year which I dreaded but my scores on the essays proved that English 11 had prepared me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment