Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Injury!

I have had many stupid little injuries throughout my life that could be considered embarrassing. About two years ago, around fall time, I went to my grandparents’ house out in Varysburg with my family. My cousin and aunt were also there. We were all outside because it was very nice out and my cousin, brother, and I were riding around on my grandpa’s toys (four-wheelers and golf cart) because they have a lot of land. My grandpa and cousin had a fabulous idea to tie a metal saucer to the back of the golf cart. They figured it would be like tubing in the snow, but on grass instead. So my cousin took the first ride as my grandpa took sharp turns and went all over the lawn on the four-wheeler. My cousin would fly off the saucer and we’d all laugh. Finally, I took a turn. Sitting on the saucer, the ride was pretty thrilling. I was screaming and having fun, determined to stay on the saucer. For some odd reason, I refused to let go. I wanted to be the champion of grass saucering or something. Well, that was a bad idea. My grandpa whipped me so hard that the entire saucer flipped and I went with it. I face planted into the grass and hit my head extremely hard. I had brush-burns on my elbows, knees, and even forehead and my head was pounding. I swear I had a concussion, considering my head hurt every day straight for the next week. My dad proceeded to call me “Scrape” because of the brush-burn on my face. He still calls me that every once in a while to date. Looking back, I wish I would’ve been a little more willing to let go. If I would’ve just let go, I wouldn’t have flipped over and been buried into the ground. Would I ride that saucer again? Of course. Even though I got pretty beat up, it was definitely a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment