Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/10-1/14 Social Networking

Social networking has become a big part of my life. There are so many social network sites out there but the one that I use the most is Facebook. I used MySpace back in middle school but Facebook seemed to be the most popular among my friends and peers at the high school level. It has had a big impact on my life even though I may not notice it. Facebook makes it much easier to communicate. Whether it’s with my friends or people I haven’t seen in years, I can contact them with a touch of a button. It’s really convenient to find old friends and stay in touch or even meet new people. Facebook also allows you to update pictures. I love that part of it because instead of having my pictures organized in a photo album, I just upload them on Facebook. It’s like I have my own photo gallery. I also like looking at other people’s pictures to see how they’ve changed or even just look at activities that I missed out on. Status updates are another big thing on Facebook. With status updates, I am constantly in the loop and can know what is going on just like that. On the downside, Facebook is a big time distraction. When I have to write an essay or do something school related, my fingers always manage to find their way to Facebook. I think it’s a major time waster too. I find myself on Facebook just looking around when I am bored. I could be doing other, productive things instead of letting myself sit on Facebook for that long. Social networking is a really cool advancement in technology and can be a lot of fun if it’s used appropriately. There are probably many other sites out there that I am unaware of. I don’t think I’ve been polluted by social networking sites. In fact, I think it has enhanced our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment