Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1/3-1/7 First 5 Days of the New Year

The first five days of the New Year were fun but somewhat uneventful. It started off pretty crazy though. When the New Year officially hit, there were about 40 people at my house to celebrate. I was with my family and some of my closest friends, so it was a great time. The next morning, everybody who attended our New Year’s Party was obligated to go to the Town Park to play a friendly game of softball. This is third year that we played on New Year’s Day and we kept up the tradition. It was raining and extremely muddy but we had a blast. After the softball game, we came home, snuggled up with blankets, and slept, rested and ate all day with our friends who were visiting from Canada. Later that night, I went to my friend, Kelsey Osucha’s house, to hang out with my besties! We played the new Wii game, Just Dance, for a good two hours. I went back to my house to get some sleep before an early basketball practice with Coach Delzer! After basketball, I came home to clean up and rest before soccer practice. I was not feeling good at all on Sunday and dreading going back to school on Monday. Monday morning arrived and I woke up feeling terrible. I went back to sleep for a bit and got woken up to go to the doctor. I really wanted to play in my basketball game that night so I made sure to come to school for the required amount of time. That night, we suffered a tough loss to leading team, Holland, by a score of 57-50. Tuesday, not feeling any better, I slept in again and came to school late. I went to basketball practice and called it a night pretty early. Finally, Wednesday morning, I went back to the doctor and came in to school again! Hopefully I can shake this sickness and get a better start to the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment