Friday, January 21, 2011

1/18-1/21 Why I chose WACS for my final

I chose to do my final project on WACS News because I think it is a really interesting topic. My main goal is to publicize it but at the same time I want to give people a little taste of what goes into making the newscasts. I think we have something really great going on at our school and more and more people are becoming aware of it each day. WACS is trying to get more people involved and cover as many stories as we can. We want to provide stories that people want to watch and are interested in. The Wiki that I am creating will act as a go-to place for people to find almost anything they want to know about WACS News. I also chose this topic because I thought it would be fun and come easy to me. I’m very informed on the basic information of WACS News and all the little details. I figured there would be a lot of information to give and that I would be success in delivering it. Two of my three classes right now are Media Production and Online Publishing, so why not tie the two together? Earlier in the year, I filmed a story on our newspaper, “The Bulldog” for WACS News. Now it’s time to switch roles and bring WACS News to The Bulldog and Online Publishing. I’d like to think that I am a key contributor in each of those classes so I like to find the best stories or topics possible. There is a lot to cover when discussing WACS News. It’s more than the newscasts people see every week. As of now, there is no place where WACS can bring all our information and material together. By creating a wiki, my goal is to bring it all together. WACS News is the official news station of Alden High School and has become a bigger deal this year than it has in the past. I knew this topic wouldn’t be very difficult for me and that I had a lot to share. I think it will fulfill all the parts of my final project and that the project on WACS will be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment