Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/10-1/14 Superbowl Sunday

Every year, Superbowl Sunday is different for me. Usually, my family gets together with all the other families that we tailgate with for Bills games on Sundays. These are the typical football families that all have a great time together and enjoy football. We all gather at one person’s house and get ready for the game. Each family brings some kind of stack or hour de vours. Sometimes, we even do a meal at half time. In the past, we’ve ordered pizza and wings to save the hassle of cooking a meal. People arrive early before the game and claim their spot for the day. Everyone eats, drinks, and has a good time. Snacks that are a MUST are chips and dip, chicken wing dip, cheese and crackers, and more. All throughout the game, bets are usually made as well. The guys all then proceed to cheer and root for their favorite team or the one that they placed the bet on in hopes of winning the money. Although I love watching the game, one of my favorite parts about the Superbowl is the commercials! The Superbowl is known for having the best and funniest commercials. Normally people talk and take a break during commercials, but not on this day! Everyone watches, laughs, and talks about their favorite one. As for the football game, the men never fail to yell at the television when a play that they are unhappy with occurs. I’ve have never seen the good, old Bills in a Superbowl game so therefor I can’t say I’m a true fan to any of the teams I’ve watched. I usually favor one team though and cheer for them throughout the game. Even after the game is over, all of the families hang out for a while longer, socializing and talking about the game. Superbowl Sunday is always fun and an event that I look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment